Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bank patrons question integrity and quality of last free cookie

June 12, 2011



DENVER-  Local customers of Chase bank on 13th and Broadway were presented with quite a predicament last Thursday afternoon when they walked in to see one last remaining cookie that the bank had provided.  Customer's were seen eyeing the cookies and debating on whether to take the cookie or not.  Frederick Katz was at the bank to make, what should have been, a simple deposit, but Mr. Katz took about 5 minutes staring at the cookie.  "The cookie had a few places where it was missing some pieces and it was hard for me to tell if that was just regular wear and tear or....something else."  Mr. Katz had just finished lunch and thought that a cookie would be the perfect finisher.  "I just had eaten down the street at Mickey D's and didn't have time for desert, but in the end I wasn't willing to take the risk."  Wendy Patterson who was in to make a transfer and took no time making her mind up.  "Listen, I've got kids and I know that they put their grubby little hands on everything.  I guarantee you there has been at least 2 or 3 set of kids that picked up the cookie and the mom made them put it back, not a doubt in my mind."  As of close time, the cookie still remained on the plate.  

1 comment: